Wednesday, December 31, 2008

...like a rock at the bottom of the ocean!

And for love’s sake, each mistake, ah, you forgave...
And soon both of us learned to trust...
Not run away, it was no time to play
We build it up and build it up and build it up
And now it’s solid
Solid as a rock
That’s what this love is
That’s what we’ve got…
And nothing’s changed it (Ooh)
The thrill is still hot, hot, hot, hot, hot, hot, hot, hot
You didn’t turn away
When the sky went gray
Somehow we managed
We had to stick together (Ooh…ooh…ooh…ooh…)
You didn’t bat an eye
When I made you cry
We knew down the line
We would make it better...
- Solid (Ashford & Simpson)
*shout.out to C.M - I borrowed your idea for the song at the top, it was just SO befitting!* ;-)
When you have the luxury of having true blue friends - you understand the lyrics of this song and exactly what they really mean. 2008 was a "different" year for me. I had quite a few firsts happen to me - and not all of them were good, but life lessons none-the-less. I don't have it in me to do a WHOLE New Year Blog right now - but to all of my TRUE.BLUE folk, know that I love and appreciate you so much...probably more than I ever have before!!!!! Thank you for hanging in there with me over the year(s) and I look forward to another year of loving you...
...for a lifetime!
Beyond The Smiles: The Confessions of A Star
SkylerNicole

No comments: